Sisters of St. Joseph of CarondeletOctober 23, 2017

Community

“In community living we share responsibility to create an atmosphere conducive to personal and communal growth in God. Through our mutual, lifelong support and prayer, we grow toward deeper love. We express this love to which we are called by sharing who we are and all that we have.”
(Constitution, par. 16)



Places We've Called Home

The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet who were eventually to form the Albany Province first traveled to Oswego, New York, in 1858. Arriving in a snowstorm, they set about staffing a school which would teach “all the branches generally taught in the best academies” to children of the parish, many of whom were children of immigrants. 

Other foundations soon followed in the dioceses of Syracuse, NY, and Albany, NY.
 
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in the Albany Province have called many places “home.” For us, though, home will always be wherever the “dear neighbor” needs us.
 
Enjoy the slideshow below which depicts the places which have served as our headquarters since the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet arrived in Oswego, New York.


Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet • 385 Watervliet-Shaker Road • Latham, NY 12110-4799
Main Provincal House Number (518) 783-3500 • Fax (518) 783-5209

All Artwork Copyright © 2012 Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet